FEATURING SLIDER BUN #519
It’s often been said that sliders are just plain fun! Add your favorite protein and create your own masterpiece of flavors. Eat one as a snack or several as a meal.
- Slider buns (#519)
- Cooked & sliced brisket - about 2 lb. portion (See Chef's Tip)
- BBQ rub
- BBQ sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced (julienne)
For Brisket Rub:
- Mix 1 tbsp brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, 2 tbsp salt & 2 tbsp pepper.
- Cover brisket with the rub, place on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. Wrap in aluminum foil and keep cooking for another 8 minutes.
- Remove and let rest. Slice thin, and reserve.
For the Onions:
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1⁄2 cup flour, 2 tbsp paprika, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper.
- Add the finely sliced onions to coat. Fry in a small pan in about 2 tbsp of oil.
To Assemble Sandwich:
- Place a few slices of the brisket over the slider bun, top with approximately 1 tsp of BBQ sauce of your choice, and top with a handful of the crispy onions for a crunchy finish.
This is a 4th of July favorite, and cooking the brisket ahead of time saves a lot of time when assembling sliders for a large crowd!